Race cars at 13,000ft

Race cars at 13,000ft
My attempt at being a "photographer" at the 2009 International Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 2009

Well the year has had an interesting start, we could even say memorable...

On the 6th, I had surgery. My first real surgery, excluding my wisdom teeth removal. All went well. I handled the mild anesthetic very well (as far as I know!) and the recovery has been good so far. I seem to get more mobility out of my foot every day. It's still rather awkward walking and positively sucks to walk really far but I'm getting around.

And after a week, I went back to work... with a cold. Ugh. At this point the cold is more miserable to work with than the healing foot. I'm actually on my way to bed (you'll note it is just after 9pm here). Oh well, colds come and go and no matter what you or I think, they really do go away at some point. Right? LOL. Yuck. Anyhoo!

Other things... I just heard from my best college friend that she had a baby boy! A wee bit premature but he's a trooper, like his folks, and he should be headed home in the very near future. Must plan a trip to Tucson to meet the new Wallace!!

And my grandmother took a tumble one night recently and broke part of her pelvis. Uh oh. Actually considering how horrible that sounds, it could have been much worse. She broke a non-weight bearing portion so she is already up and around... well, they are able to keep her mobile not bed ridden constantly. Phew! She is where I got my clumsy streak. I love her to death but I think she probably has just as many bruises as I do and on the same regular basis. Eh, there are much worse things to inherit. I also got her pretty olivey skin tone. :D

The list could actually go on (with not so good stuff, unfortunately) but there are some good things... a friend vacationing in London, a friend who's looking at some new career opportunities (willingly), relationships blooming, and many reminders of how supportive my friends and family are.

Someone wrote on a bulletin board at work that 2009 will be the year of recovery. So far, its looking that way. I hope it continues productively so.

I raise my kleenex to a happy, healthy year of recovery for all!!

Oh! I won't post it right now but I do have a couple of pictures of my colorful foot after the removal of the bandage 3 days after surgery. If you wanna see them, just let me know. Morbid, huh? Hee hee.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Send the pics! I'm weird like that! I'll reveal that I took pictures of my feet before I had my surgery on them too! Aagain - I'm weird like that!

The cold - I had one the last month of my pregnancy...had it for the two weeks of Brady's life, thought I was over it but have had it back for the past week!! But it will pass and I hope you get over your's quickly!!!

I am glad to hear your Grandma is doing ok...that's scary. Brooklyn has inherited my clumsiness - she trips over nothing!

Ok - enough of a comment - guess I could have emailed this to you!!!

Take care