Race cars at 13,000ft

Race cars at 13,000ft
My attempt at being a "photographer" at the 2009 International Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Refreshed!

It is Sunday evening and I did in fact survive this odd week. It took some work though! My last blog gives the details of what made this week so odd/ unpleasant and now I will follow-up with the "refreshed" part. :D

Yesterday, I was just feeling off. Like my "energy" was out of wack. Mind and spirit not aligned. Something... just... uncomfortable in my world. I, of course, tried to analyze this to figure out what exactly was going on and I came to the conclusion that there are a lot of things that I need to figure out and many are a bit out of my control. Others I just can't seem to get myself to accomplish! My physical energy has been waxing and waning oddly due to the cold and my starting running. The cold and lung issues brought me down; the running I had just starting doing again gave me tons of energy. Unfortunately, the running energy is a bit hyper-like. Hard to explain, really. Anyways, all combined, I was really uncomfortable and really just wanted to run it off. But my lungs still weren't quite up to par so I "lifted" for about an hour. To clarify, when I say "lifted" that means hand weights, fit ball, floor exercises, etc. A start in the right direction, all from the comfort of my own home. ;)

That only calmed me a little so I decided to call my Dad for some financial advice. That talk did help (oops, haven't gotten to that project today!) but as I grocery shopped, I was still struggling with myself a bit. In the end, I stayed in for the night. When it was too late to start another project, I watched some Internet TV until I was tired. I crawled into bed and wrote in my journal. I finished that writing with peaceful, refreshing, new start words and feelings.

It worked. I woke up today and I feel drastically better. I've accomplished a lot, although there is always so much more to do. I went for a brisk walk in the drizzle early this evening and even managed to run for a few blocks without my lungs conking out on me. Yippee!!! Now I must eat and then get back to the projects. But I will do so with a smile on my face and a deep cleansing breath.

Yay for fresh starts!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

To comment on my own blog... that weird energy thing I was struggling with turned out to not be quite so psychological as my analytical self thought it was. It was actually the steroids they gave me after the asthma attack. Steroids cause that sensation, as well as other lovely side affects which I had the pleasure of experiencing. So while it was nice to write in my journal, the feelings actually had nothing to do with anything but drugs. :P