Race cars at 13,000ft

Race cars at 13,000ft
My attempt at being a "photographer" at the 2009 International Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The silence...


It was a rather intense week with a variety of stressful things popping up. The previous weekend was busy with very little sleep due to some early morning activities. While many good things have happened in the past week too, I was ready for a quiet weekend. My dog is on a trial run with a possible new family so I'm all alone in my apartment. My only set plans for the weekend was a baby shower this afternoon, that I very much enjoyed. And it's raining... and gray... and rather cool... and I can't think of anything more perfect right now. The peace in the sound of the rain, the calmness of the gray skies, the lack of responsibility to anyone but me is all rather blissful right now. It's a rare moment. It is a blessing. And while I do feel a little lazy for not working on all the many things I need to be, I feel like I shouldn't pass up such a great opportunity. Peacefulness isn't a given; silence is a rarity; a two day weekend not completely planned is as refreshing a deep breath of cool, moist, mountain air.

*sigh*

Bliss.

Tomorrow I'll be busy cleaning, organizing, and catching up on bills and applications; but today I'm enjoying the silence.

No comments: