Race cars at 13,000ft

Race cars at 13,000ft
My attempt at being a "photographer" at the 2009 International Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Changes, changes, changes!

I've been toying with the idea of change for a few months, multiple changes to be exact. This week some actual change occurred. First, my dog moved into his new home. His new place has a huge backyard and lots more space inside than I've had in years! He was a little sad to see me go but I think he will be super happy with the new arrangement, especially considering he already likes his new "mom". And how am I handling my "empty nest"? I've been kind of avoiding my apartment, actually. It's weird to be there without him. In some ways its a lot easier to do things, like walk; but it's odd not to have company for a movie or when I'm sleeping. So... I'm moving! [Do I run away from things or what?!] Seriously though, I don't really care for my current neighborhood and I was trying to decide if I would stay or go from Denver...

Josh saying goodbye to Simon. Sniff, sniff...



On for the second change that occurred this week: I had a phone interview for a job in Iowa and shortly thereafter decided that I'm not ready to leave Denver. I had not realized how hard leaving here would be! I have a ton of friends here and we're not just talking "acquaintances". These are true friends that are there for you when you're down or supportive when you are working on a big decisions or just to hike with, have a beer with or chill in grubby clothes after a long day. That is hard to come by... and leave, especially such a big group! So I decided to reassess my finances and look for a short term, less expensive apartment. I found one on Craigslist the first day I looked. I looked at the apartment today and I will not be seeing any others. It's perfect! The location is just blocks from two friends' home and therefore, closer to all my girlfriends, on top of being a much nicer location anyways. The price will save me a good amount of money without losing much space. The apartment is nicely kept with fresh paint and new carpets and cabinets. And it's a sublease for a girl that is moving into a house with her fiance' and the lease ends at the end of the year. Perfect. She and I agree and now we just need to go through the official channels. I'll be moving in two weeks. (Anybody wanna help?? :D )

The other thing, that I had decided a few weeks ago is that I will be starting school in January. Now I have a place to live until then. Between now and then I have two major goals: to find a second job to help get my finances ready for school and to figure out where I'm going to do this schooling (Iowa with a new job or Denver).

That's all the major stuff that I have going on. Oh and I'm supposed to go on a first date on Tuesday...



Ah, the adventures of Jen...

No comments: